- 2 sugar cubes
- Splash of bitters
- Your favorite bourbon (I prefer Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare)
- Orange (sliced and save the peel for garnish)
- Maraschino cherries + 1 tsp. juice
- Splash of soda water
- Thick-bottomed Rocks Glass
- Citrus peeler
- In the bottom of a thick-bottomed rocks glass, muddle the sugar cubes with the orange slice and cherries. Sugar will become a paste.
- Add a splash of bitters and cherry juice, continue to muddle.
- Add two ounces of your favorite bourbon, stir well.
- Add your ice cubes and a splash of soda water.
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of your glass, and add to drink as a garnish.