- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honey crisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml.) bottle red wine (I suggest a light-bodied Spanish variety)
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or juice from 2 medium oranges)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Club soda, to taste
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours. Taste; if you'd like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
- If you'd like a cinnamon-sugar rim (highly recommended), simply moisten the rim of your glasses with water, turn the glass upside down and dip it into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Pour in the sangria with fruit and add a splash of club soda (this unsweetened fizz is wonderful with the sangria!). Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Cheers!
Make ahead tip:
Sangria is the perfect make-ahead cocktail since it must sit for at least 6 hours. You can also make it one day in advance.